Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Michael took part in a Memorial Day ceremony at the national cemetary. After the ceremony, the Honor Guard marched off and we followed them. When Michael was given the command that he was done, he turned around and we were walking toward him. Jayden saw him and was beside herself and so excited because she wanted to see her daddy. The video captures an incredible moment! As I watched her run to him, I was filled with so many emotions. Emotions connected to the thoughts of the days not too long ago when he was in Iraq. It was touching. My mom and I were talking about it on the way home and she summed it up nicely when she said "I just think of all those children who want to run to their daddy but can't because he never came home. I prayed so many times for Michael to come home safe and he did."

We are blessed to be on the other side of his Iraq duty and should pray always for all the people still over there and for the little girls and boys who would love to run to their daddy's arms but can't.

There are a few other videos from the ceremony that I posted just so everyone could get an idea of what he does with the Honor Guard. Their presentations are always very respcetful and honoring.

1 comment:

Mandy Kimery said...

So, I just figured out where everyone's blog pages are tonight. I guess I'm a little behind.

When I was reading this post I got tears in my eyes and chills up my spine. I had never been an emotional person until I went through three deployments with Todd. Now I can't even listen to someone sing the national anthem without swelling with pride (and tears) and thinking about all of the children just waiting for their daddies to come home.